Welcome to Day 4 of our 7 Days of Next Level Kindness Series.
One thing I’ve learned along the way to becoming proficient at performing random acts of kindness is that it takes practice and creativity. I’ve already shared some ways for you to get started on your own do-gooder practice, but you still may not have found one that resonates. Doing something for others doesn’t have to take much effort at all. It also doesn’t have to cost a thing. Let’s take a look at some ways you can reach out and brighten someone’s day in the easiest way. You can never have too many good examples.
- Encourage someone who’s struggling.
- Give a word of praise to someone who’s least expecting it, like your boss.
- Read a child a story.
- Listen to someone’s complaint.
- Say a heartfelt thank you.
- Share a friend’s creative work on social media.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a long time just to say hello.
- Leave a blog comment when you read a post that truly resonates with you.
- Tell a frazzled parent what a great job they’re doing.
- Give someone a hug if they say it’s okay to do so (and It’s allowed!).
- Share a kind word with a customer service person, either on the phone or in-person.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Write a short message of thanks or encouragement to a co-worker, your partner or random stranger.
- Leave an encouraging comment on a social media post.
- Make introductions between your contacts if you feel they could benefit each other or get along well.
- Let someone merge in front of you when driving in traffic.
- Offer to take on someone’s work task if you have time and they seem swamped.
- Make amends for past wrongs to someone who was once in your life.
- Agree to an activity (like watching a movie) that you might not enjoy just because someone else will love it.
- Share your expert knowledge with someone who has questions and has asked for advice.
- Write a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Offer to pick up items for someone in isolation when you’re heading out to grab groceries or run an errand.
- Recognize someone for their good idea or contribution during a Zoom meeting.
Okay, now are you ready to get out there and start sharing random acts of kindness? All of these are super-easy, low-effort and free ways to brighten someone’s day. You can do it!
About this series: Next Level You is a Melbourne based business and now operating under extremely strict lockdown restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have committed to provide what we hope will be helpful content to our local audience as we navigate this change and upheaval. 7 Days of Next Level Kindness is the third in a series that will last for 5 weeks.