PERSONAL & LIFE COACHING
Life coaching..? huh?
Who needs someone to help them live life?
The term “life coach” has a lot of connotations attached to it, bringing forth images of people who suck so bad at life that they need to hire someone to help them. In reality it's those who want to get the most out of their one shot at life that are most curious, and coaching can be beneficial to almost anyone looking to make a change.
But just what is life - or personal - coaching?
In a nutshell, coaching is designed to help you get more of what you want out of life. If you’re honest, are you really living the life you had hoped for? Are there more doubts, messes and obstacles than you anticipated?
If so, read on.
What can a coach do exactly?
A good coach will help you to see how you are limited by your own thinking, and take you beyond your present thought boundaries.
Hang on.. "Thought boundaries"..? What?
Here’s an example - perhaps your relationship is mediocre. If you knew how to have a blissful, deeply fulfilling relationship, you would create that instead.
Or, you might know how to make $50,000 a year doing what you do, but if you knew how to make $200,000 a year, you’d do that instead.
These things are beyond the limit of our current thinking and knowledge.
But, they can be done, other people do them all the time.
So why don’t you?
What can you help me with?
Here’s a list of just some of the issues we’ve helped clients work through:
- Being too afraid to speak up about things happening at work
- Wanting to cut off certain people but feeling terrible about it
- Starting to make decisions alone after a lifetime of letting someone else do it
- Letting go of the need to control an adult child
- Making a decision about a marriage that looked ok but didn’t feel right
- Feeling spread too thin with too many responsibilities
- Identifying transferable skills needed to get a better paying job
- Constant fighting with a spouse
- Underperformance at work
- The uncertainty of changing jobs
- Being walked all over
- Creating a stronger connection with a pre-schooler
- Dealing with frustrating coworkers
- Getting promoted to manager
- Constantly being misunderstood
- Bending over backward to make sure everyone else is happy all the time
- Changing a business model to maximise profit
- Never feeling good enough
- Procrastinating on making positive lifestyle changes after surgery
- Parenting a self destructive pre-teen
- Discouragement about not being married yet
- Feeling like a disappointment
- Deciding whether or not to continue with a business
- Needing to walk on eggshells around certain people
- Creating a cohesive work team
Can you relate to any of these?
What are you missing?
Many of us settle for a life beneath our capabilities simply because we don’t know how to make a change, and even when we might have the answer, change is scary. Leaving a comfort zone is, inherently, uncomfortable!
But what if by staying in that safe zone you’re missing out on a multitude of other wonderful things life has to offer?
A coach can move you past the choices that have created the life you have now, to a life filled with more of the things you really want by making different choices. They will help you to get clear on exactly what that life looks like, and then give you the questions* to push you to the next level. They will encourage you to take responsibility for everything you produce, the good and the bad, and stop viewing yourself as a victim of your circumstances.
If you are focused on things that aren’t bringing you closer to the life you want, a coach will help you shift your focus and start putting your energy into those things that will get results.
Stop wasting time on strategies you know don’t work.
Start testing new approaches.
It will become clear that your “reality” is really only your “perception” and it can all be changed!
A great coach will help you navigate the uncertainty of change so it begins to feel less scary and more like an adventure. You can build a whole new life and a new you before you even know it.
It won’t be fluffy or airy fairy, and it won’t be easy. But it will be worth it.
So now the question is, does your life look the way you want it to? Are YOU the person you want to be?
If not, let’s get to work!
Book your free YOU 2.0 Accelerator Session now.
You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain!
*that's right, we bring the questions, not the answers. Any coach telling you how to live your life or what decisions to make is not providing coaching, they're giving advice. You might not realise it but you have all the answers you need, perhaps you just haven't had the right questions yet!